This was the perfect afternoon for a photoshoot. Lena showed me one of her favourite spots in the Gold Coast, as well as a secret lookout above the beach.
Her beautiful husky, Oleg, joined us for the shoot – and I’m convinced that more dogs should be invited to photoshoots!
Why You Should Bring Your Dog To A Photoshoot
Firstly, there’s the obvious fact that you love your dog and that he/she is a family member you’d want in the photos!
On top of that, dogs are wonderful at helping you feel comfortable in front of the camera. They provide a sweet distraction and interacting with them will feel much more natural than posing for photos.
Finally (and sadly), since we live so much longer than our pets, it’s a beautiful thing to have a reminder of your memories together with them.
Tips For Bringing Dogs On Photoshoots
Here are a few tips to make it as smooth as possible.
- Go somewhere familiar. You want your dog to feel comfortable and relaxed, so taking them somewhere they’ve been before is ideal.
- Check restrictions and if you need a leash. You’ll probably want some off-leash photos, so try to choose a spot where that’s allowed.
- Bring lots of treats (of course!) – you might be giving your dog more instructions than usual, so food is a great incentive if they’re getting tired of it.
- Don’t forget poop bags!
- Bring a couple of their favourite toys to keep them entertained.
- Let them play – they don’t need to look perfectly posed in the photos!
I absolutely adore dogs and love to have them in my photos – if you’d like some photos with your pets please be sure to contact me.